We are a small team looking for those who have a hands-on "do whatever needs doing” attitude as our winery grows. Though your primary focus and responsibility will be Retail, you will be expected to pitch in in all aspects including Vineyard and Cellar depending on seasonal requirements, so this position is geared to those wanting all-round experience. We try to keep hours sane as much as possible — just know there is no set schedule, and flexibility is required.
This position encompasses all aspects of wine sales and hospitality but with a focus primarily on wine (we do not often host events or have a restaurant — our focus is wine 100%). Candidates should have a solid understanding of wine and in particular, natural and low-intervention wines.
Retail/VY/Cellar Assistant (Summer)
Curious about wine and looking to get into the industry?
We are looking for one person to assist in the peak summer season — the position is primarily retail, but you may be required to assist in vineyard and cellar. Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm is required!
You should have a keen eye to detail, with the ability to collaboratively resolve any issues as they arise.
Duties will include:
• Keen ability to make guests feel welcome
• Sharing your love of wine and facilitating discussion with clients where required.
• Ability to guide and recommend wines. Your knowledge of wine regions, grape type and each wines technical details inspires confidence, while you continually develop product knowledge.
• You are aware of current trends in viticulture, wine and hospitality
• Be knowledgable of neighbour wineries and wider hospitality sector in PEC with the ability to make recommendations
• Responsible for all day-to-day aspects including opening, cash/POS reconciliation and that opening/closing checklists are completed accurately
• Responsible for physical retail environment, safety, cleanliness, and presentation; taking pride in the environment
• Fulfill online and wine club shipments as required
• Ability to convey benefits of wine club membership
• Assist in special group tastings
• Assist in social media and blog posts, email campaigns, etc.
• Other tasks as required
• Genuine love of wine
• Exceptional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills, verbal French is an asset
• Farm experience an asset
• SmartServe Certification required, First Aid an asset
• Excellent POS, computer and google doc, etc., abilities
• Reliability; punctuality
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift 45lbs
• Ability to work indoors or out in various weather conditions including heat/sun
• Must be available weekends/holidays, especially in peak summer season
Full-Time Seasonal (~June-August)
• 4-5 days/week
• Normal work week is 30-35 hours. Weekends are required.
• Tip pool participation
• Wine allotment
• Staff tastings
To apply, please send Cover Letter/CV in PDF format to us here
. Please cite job title in subject line.
This position is made possible through the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
We are looking for 1 or possibly more interns to hep us this Fall. Prior cellar experience is preferred (the ability to pitch yeast though, is not) and we are open to both short and longer-term contracts. This will encompass many cellar tasks including:
• Sampling, harvesting, lab analyses, tracking & recording
• Receiving and processing fruit
• Cleaning and sanitizing equipment, bottling
Short Term contract options:
- Full Harvest: ~2 months September to mid-November (no accom. provided) with possibility to extend, based on season.
- Part Harvest: 2-3 week stages (accom. provided)
For full details, and to apply, please review full post on Wine Jobs Canada